December 1, 2010
Pentagon study finds that most people in the military do not have a problem with serving alongside openly gay service members.
October 20, 2010
Troops discharged for being gay try to get their jobs back.
September 21, 2010
Senate Democrats blow it, and Senate Republicans preserve the ban.
June 28, 2010
The National Bar Association has refrained from endorsing Kagan over her views on affirmative action, racial profiling and immigration.
by Judy Howard Ellis onOctober 12, 2009
Blacks? Women? LGBT? Unions? The poor? The rich? For the president—whose interests come first?
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The former baseball star posted the personal information of a woman he's charged with assaulting.
By pleading the Fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt