by Aisha I. Jefferson onFebruary 24, 2013
Black Academy Awards Series: The producer reflects on his diverse career and the n-word in the film.
December 26, 2012
Hear The Root's editor-in-chief, Henry Louis Gates Jr., chat with the Django Unchained director about the n-word and a possible sequel.
by Miki Turner onDecember 19, 2012
The racial slur is used liberally in Quentin Tarantino's film, but he's an equal-opportunity offender.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Cleveland Eateries Promise Charles Ramsey Free Burgers For Life
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack