by Hillary Crosley onDecember 25, 2012
Quentin Tarantino's brutal film may center on a superhero slave, but any deeper meaning is arguable.
December 25, 2012
In the last of a Q&A series, the director rejects the idea that Django fits into that old Hollywood trope.
by Stacy-Ann Ellis onDecember 24, 2012
The Red Hook Summer director shared his negative opinion of the new Quentin Tarantino movie with Vibe TV.
by Miles Marshall Lewis onDecember 24, 2012
Ebony arts and culture editor Miles Marshall Lewis compares Alex Haley's family story to Quentin Tarantino's spaghetti Western and explains why they're equally relevant.
December 24, 2012
In the second of a Q&A series, he talks critics and Django's depiction of slavery with Henry Louis Gates Jr.
by Helena Andrews onDecember 23, 2012
The film vet says his latest production is controversial but gives an honest vision of right and wrong.
December 23, 2012
In the first of a Q&A series, the director tells our editor-in-chief about his next black film.
by Brett Johnson onDecember 21, 2012
The film's star says he channeled New Jack City's gangster Nino Brown in the slave-hero epic.
by Miki Turner onDecember 19, 2012
The racial slur is used liberally in Quentin Tarantino's film, but he's an equal-opportunity offender.
by Trey Ellis onDecember 15, 2012
Blogging at the Huffington Post, filmmaker Trey Ellis says that he was pleasantly surprised by Django Unchained because he has struggled in the past with director Quentin Tarantino's flagrant use of the n-word.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]