by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar onFebruary 25, 2013
At Esquire, retired NBA star-turned-writer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar writes that while Quentin Tarantino's Django was great, it's not worthy of an Oscar nod.
by Henry Louis Gates Jr. onJanuary 14, 2013
100 Amazing Facts About the Negro: Plus, whether slaves rode horses or had Mandingo death matches.
by Jack White onJanuary 14, 2013
After a long break, we find residents of the Home for Retired Racial Stereotypes building a new wing.
by Dr. Andre Perry onDecember 30, 2012
Tarantino's Django Unchained shows that in our culture, revenge is best served violently, writes Andre Perry on WWNO's website.
by Nsenga Burton onJuly 5, 2011
The Oscar-winning actor will lead the cast in Quentin Tarantino's much anticipated reimagined Western Django Unchained.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Blogging the Beltway: Allegations of nepotism could haunt Clinton on the presidential campaign trail.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- 9-Year-Old Girl Among Children Missing After Oklahoma Tornado
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today
- Teens Allegedly Post Taped Rape Of 12-Year-Old Girl On Facebook