March 28, 2012
The DJ explains to The Root how her organization helps kids fulfill their potential.
November 30, 2011
The Black Girls Rock! founder spins positive message to fight negative images of women in media.
September 22, 2011
Beverly Bond says our girls' confidence is nice but not enough.
by Jacque Reid onNovember 3, 2010
With all the harsh criticism lobbed at black women over the past few weeks, it's time to celebrate their accomplishments and contributions.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)
- Mike Goodson: NY Jets RB Arrested On Weapons, Drug Charges