by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMay 31, 2012
In today's link roundup: There's apparently an abundance of diverse programming, just not for adults. Plus: Film explores why "well-qualified" black men are single.
December 29, 2011
Journal-isms: Despite occasional instances of progress in recent years, media's overall grade in covering, explaining and mirroring America's amazing cultural diversity is dreadful.
by Frank McCoy onOctober 2, 2011
The results might help explain the lack of diversity this fall in scripted television.
by Nsenga Burton onApril 13, 2011
Latino, Asian and African-American people, as well as gays and lesbians, appear in significantly larger numbers than on other broadcast and cable channels.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]