by Frank McCoy onFebruary 22, 2010
Yes, the USDA just signed a $1.25 billion discrimination settlement with thousands of black farmers. But those farmers won’t be holding their breath while they wait for the check to clear.
by Joel Dreyfuss onFebruary 21, 2010
The ubiquitous French actor takes on a controversial role as France's most famous man of color.
August 5, 2009
More than 200 black officers are bringing suit against the white supervisors they say discriminated against them...
July 22, 2009
Life is funny, isn't it?
July 22, 2009
Last week, the often controversial and always conservative William Saletan published a piece about the link between race and cancer outcomes. But do genetic differences between races just a slippery slope toward outright racism?
July 14, 2009
The first session of judge Sonia Sotomayor's confirmation hearing was a meaningless display of platitudes. Some Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee, like Lindsey Graham, saw the writing on the wall: "Unless you have a complete meltdown, you are going to be confirmed," he told her. And with that said, just about everyone else in the room (Democrats included) decided to read their sincere thoughts on Hispanics, distate for foreign law, strip-searches or abortion, and other highfalutin theories of jurispridence into the record...
July 10, 2009
Um...better late than never?
June 30, 2009
Justice Sotomayor's ruling overturned. But why do I have mixed feelings about it? Is the firefighter's exam THAT biased?
June 25, 2009
African Americans love Obama, but hate the increase in discrimination that's come along with him.
May 13, 2009
Click here for Wednesday's headlines
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today