by Erin E. Evans onJune 27, 2012
From D'Angelo's urban cool to Eric Roberson's indie cred, we recall those who defined a genre.
by Erin E. Evans onMarch 13, 2012
As the iconic black romantic film turns 15, we catch up with Nia Long, Bill Bellamy and others.
by Akoto Ofori-Atta onMarch 13, 2012
As we remember the movie, let's not forget that its sound track is a classic, too.
by Mark Anthony Neal onMarch 26, 2009
The crooner who stole Arrested Development’s track nearly 20 years ago is back—on the Internet. While you’re reuniting with Farris, check out the new crop of black female artists who are keeping soul music honest.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- James Helps Heat Stave Off Elimination In Game 6 [VIDEO]
- Serena Williams On Steubenville Rape: ‘Boys Did Something Stupid, But…Maybe She Wasn’t A Virgin’
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music