by Black Enterprise onMay 20, 2013
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMay 6, 2013
In this clip from Sunday's MHP, Michigan ACLU Legal Director Michael Steinberg explains allegations about the disturbing practice.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMarch 25, 2013
Today is Kevyn Orr's first day on the job. Not everyone is welcoming this "turnaround specialist" to the city.
December 5, 2012
After all, JoAnn Watson said, when President Carter was elected, Detroit Mayor Coleman Young went to Washington and "came home with some bacon."
August 22, 2012
In a city hit hard by the recession, here's how to exercise and eat well without spending a fortune.
by Joshua R. Weaver onFebruary 10, 2012
The Root Recommends: A new documentary that looks at how Detroit's politics may have ruined Michigan's largest city.
December 8, 2011
If city officials fail to reach an agreement on finances, the governor says he will make the appointment.
by Claudio E. Cabrera onDecember 5, 2011
VIDEO: Detroit residents, police and the FBI join the search for Bianca Jones.
July 30, 2011
Mayor Bing calls the drastic move to limit services in certain areas a "short-term intervention."
by A. Scott Walton onJune 3, 2011
Kwame Kilpatrick, in jail for obstruction of justice, says he's now a "man of his word."
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours