by Hillary Crosley onJanuary 3, 2013
Experts explain that poor teachers and barriers to resources fuel an academic achievement gap.
by Brett Johnson onJune 14, 2012
The son of a retired cop compares his dad's take on the police tactic with his own perspective.
by Jade O. Earle onJune 13, 2012
From Talib Kweli to Bill O'Reilly, notables weigh in on the controversial police tactic.
by Lynette Holloway onJune 14, 2011
The lawsuit is ground zero in a battle splitting advocacy groups over whether charter schools can help our children succeed.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onApril 7, 2011
The experienced "guy from Queens" and former New York Urban League president will replace a magazine executive with no education background and a 17 percent approval rating.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]