by David Swerdlick onJanuary 20, 2010
Coakley’s defeat gives President Obama—and the Democrats—one more chance to figure America out.
by Lawrence Bobo onJanuary 20, 2010
The president must address middle-class fears and stand up to Wall Street.
October 5, 2009
Supporters of health care reform have been waiting for Democrats to re-energize the debate. Who knew slinging mud was the answer?
September 10, 2009
Tonight the President brought the "full Obama" to a joint session of Congress, and changed the game on health care reform.
June 22, 2009
It’s another pivotal week for your chances to get affordable health care in the near future. The Senate Finance Committee is expected to roll out its plan for a system-wide overhaul this week. That’s key because Finance has been the central battleground for getting a bipartisan bill—and things don’t look good for getting one.
May 18, 2009
If the Washington, D.C. commentariat was a prison gang, they’d have already passed RNC Chair Michael Steele around, turned him out, and tossed his salad. Under those circumstances, I’d say it’s a break for Steele and the GOP that Steele found his game Sunday on "Meet the Press."...
by Lenny McAllister onDecember 31, 2008
The Republicans just barely saved themselves from the filibuster-proof disadvantage. Following a poor presidency and the loss of confidence from the American people, they are not in a favorable position. Lenny McAllister points out a few strategic areas where the GOP can rebuild.
by Robert A. George onDecember 17, 2008
Republicans get a bad rap on race. But, Democrats may be the ones who have shown their true colors this political season.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Cleveland Eateries Promise Charles Ramsey Free Burgers For Life
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack