September 5, 2012
Leaders, activists and more explain what the party has to get across to voters by November.
by Lewis W. Duiguid onJuly 31, 2012
Kansas City Star writer Lewis W. Duiguid writes that government officials are interfering with our right to vote in some states because our voices are important and influential.
by Clarence Page onNovember 6, 2011
The nation is in decline, said more than two-thirds of American voters in a recent poll, writes Chicago Tribune columnist Clarence Page.
by James Rucker onNovember 4, 2010
Listening to the GOP and Wall Street in the wake of Tuesday's elections won't bring about the changes African Americans need, or help Democrats win in 2012, says Color of Change's executive director.
by Cord Jefferson onSeptember 29, 2010
The party's chairman told The Root why he believes Democrats will retain both houses of Congress in November, at a time when enthusiasm is down even among black voters.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
As the ousted chief becomes the face of the flap, keep these facts in mind.
Six citizens were sentenced to one year for their "insulting" tweets.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Kiera Wilmot: NASA Engineer Awards Fla. Teen Scholarship To Space Academy
- Mourners Gather In Oakland To Remember Malcolm Shabazz
- 13 People Shot In Detroit Within 24-Hour Period
- 20 To 25 Injured As Conn. Commuter Trains Collide
- Murder Suspect, 20, Allegedly Admits To Killing Teen Because She Refused Abortion