March 17, 2011
The Congressional Black Caucus, which represents black federal lawmakers, is celebrating its 40th anniversary. Though it's too often taken for granted by Democrats, and some of its members have been scrutinized for ethics violations, the group has also taken bold political stands and enabled the passage of key legislation. Here, The Root takes a look back at pivotal moments and achievements in CBC history.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
As the ousted chief becomes the face of the flap, keep these facts in mind.
Six citizens were sentenced to one year for their "insulting" tweets.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Kiera Wilmot: NASA Engineer Awards Fla. Teen Scholarship To Space Academy
- Mourners Gather In Oakland To Remember Malcolm Shabazz
- 13 People Shot In Detroit Within 24-Hour Period
- 20 To 25 Injured As Conn. Commuter Trains Collide
- Murder Suspect, 20, Allegedly Admits To Killing Teen Because She Refused Abortion