by Lynette Holloway onMay 11, 2012
Having failed to defund them on the federal level, the party shifts its strategy to local legislatures.
April 7, 2011
By midnight on Friday we'll know whether lawmakers strike a deal on the 2011 budget or shut down the government. The outlook's not good.
by Lenny McAllister onFebruary 25, 2011
The Republican effort to end federal funding for the advocacy group is not an attack on black women and minorities. It's an attempt to slow the onslaught of abortions among people of color.
February 23, 2011
This week on the Confab: Join Lauren Williams, The Root's associate editor, as she chats with our Washington reporter, Cynthia Gordy, and contributors Jenée Desmond-Harris and Lynette Holloway about black women and Planned Parenthood, black Native Americans and a Muslim Cosby Show.
by Lynette Holloway onFebruary 18, 2011
On the defensive after a House vote to defund it, the group explained to The Root just what a world without Planned Parenthood would look like for black women.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Ga. Woman Allegedly Stabs Stepdad Multiple Times
- Homeless Teen Graduates At Top Of Her High School Class
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.