February 22, 2010
Tired of the same old Black History Month stories about George Washington Carver's uses for the peanut and Madam C.J. Walker's hot comb? This year, The Root asked its readers and staff members to submit photos of their own black history, from sit-ins to first communions to 90th birthday celebrations.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The graphic details documented by onlookers spread quickly on social media.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Kordell Stewart Denies Claims That He Locked Porsha Out Of Home
- Parent Locked Out Of Spelman Graduation Vows To Stop Support
- Michael Adebolajo Named As Suspect In London Terrorist Attack
- The Sad Truth: Why Kiera Wilmot’s Case Isn’t Over
- Cleveland Eateries Promise Charles Ramsey Free Burgers For Life