by Eugene Robinson onJanuary 16, 2013
Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson says that congressional Republicans are focused on brinkmanship that is at best pointless and at worst destructive.
January 8, 2013
From the debt-ceiling debate to protecting his girls, the president is taking no prisoners this year.
August 12, 2011
This week on the Confab: Join Associate Editor Lauren Williams as she chats with Washington Reporter Cynthia Gordy and Senior Editor Teresa Wiltz about the nation's credit rating, The Help and Tyler Perry's latest venture.
by Michael Steele onAugust 2, 2011
The only ones who really lose are the jobless. For the rest of us, it's about tough choices, says Michael Steele.
August 2, 2011
From politicians to talking heads, here are some reactions to Monday's House vote on the debt deal, in 140 characters or less.
July 29, 2011
This week on the Confab: Join The Root's senior editor, Teresa Wiltz, as she chats with Washington reporter Cynthia Gordy, editorial intern Dara Sharif and contributor Clay Cane about blacks and tipping, the life and death of Amy Winehouse, Cornel West's issues with the president and the debt-limit crisis.
by Nsenga Burton onJuly 28, 2011
The veteran senator has had enough.
by Eugene Kane onJuly 26, 2011
Eugene Kane, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel columnist, highlights similarities between the NFL and debt-ceiling talks.
by Sheryl Huggins Salomon onJuly 25, 2011
"This is no way to run the greatest country on Earth," he said in a prime-time speech to the nation.
July 25, 2011
One week from the deadline, both sides have unveiled new strategies, but there's still no deal. Here's our guide on the good, the bad and the ugly to expect.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Sergio Garcia's insulting comment to Tiger Woods sparks a conversation on Twitter.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966
- Lil Scrappy: I’m Addicted To Weed!
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods