November 24, 2010
David Wilson was a plaintiff in the 2004 court decision that legalized same-sex marriage in Massachusetts. Wilson's journey toward the landmark case began 10 years earlier when he lost his first partner, Ron Loso, to a heart attack. Wilson shared his story in a recording for the national oral-history archive StoryCorps.
Hear the recording below and read NPR anchor Michele Norris' essay on discovering her own family's history.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The rapper debuted his new single by projecting the song's video on buildings in New York.
As the ousted chief becomes the face of the flap, keep these facts in mind.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Kiera Wilmot: NASA Engineer Awards Fla. Teen Scholarship To Space Academy
- Mourners Gather In Oakland To Remember Malcolm Shabazz
- 13 People Shot In Detroit Within 24-Hour Period
- 20 To 25 Injured As Conn. Commuter Trains Collide
- Murder Suspect, 20, Allegedly Admits To Killing Teen Because She Refused Abortion