August 16, 2012
Ask Demetria: Lending emotional support is the best way to help a friend in a violent relationship.
August 9, 2012
Ask Demetria: Finding your mate may be a click away, but meeting in person is key.
July 26, 2012
Ask Demetria: Proceed with caution when navigating a potential office love interest.
by Paul Carrick Brunson onJuly 11, 2012
If your BS detector isn't the best, Essence's "Modern Day Matchmaker," Paul Carrick Brunson, suggests a few ways to tell whether you're being deceived by the person you're dating.
by Paul Carrick Brunson onJuly 3, 2012
In a salute to Arsenio Hall's return to television, Essence's "Modern Day Matchmaker," Paul Carrick Brunson, presents some curious facts about men, women and sex that fit the theme of the talk-show host's old segment.
May 17, 2012
Ask Demetria: If he says your friendship won't turn into a full-blown relationship, listen closely.
April 12, 2012
Ask Demetria: They don't always work out, but there are things you can do to stay connected.
March 1, 2012
Ask Demetria: It's important to take the necessary steps to heal your broken heart.
by Helena Andrews onApril 8, 2010
Enough with the self-help books telling single ladies that they need to fix themselves to get a man. We don't need fixing. And news flash: Some of us actually love being single.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Sergio Garcia's insulting comment to Tiger Woods sparks a conversation on Twitter.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Ga. Woman Allegedly Stabs Stepdad Multiple Times
- Homeless Teen Graduates At Top Of Her High School Class
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.