by Erin E. Evans onJune 27, 2012
From D'Angelo's urban cool to Eric Roberson's indie cred, we recall those who defined a genre.
by Akoto Ofori-Atta onJune 27, 2012
The genre inspired quite the musical renaissance in the late '90s. Let's look at where it is today.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMay 23, 2012
Check out a recent performance from the singer who's been out of the public eye for more than a decade.
by Sheryl Huggins Salomon onMarch 12, 2011
Snared by a New York City cop posing as a prostitute, the former R&B hit maker takes a disorderly conduct rap.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours