September 8, 2009
About 50 million students around the country returned to school this morning. President Barack Obama addressed a few hundred of them at a Virginia high school. Despite controversy, he wisely went above the fray, and made the speech about not his critics but the students.
August 14, 2009
His dream has finally come true! Hours after Damon Weaver sat down for an interview on education with President Barack Obama, the soon-to-be sixth grader and cup reporter from Canal Point, Fla., sat down for an exclusive interview with The Root. Click to hear Damon on his plans "A, B, C, D, E, F..." you get the point...
April 13, 2009
Barack Obama has yet to grant an interview to The Root's favorite cub reporter, but that hasn't stopped Damon Weaver. Check him out on ABC News.
December 16, 2008
Okay, so you haven't granted The Root an interview yet, but we're willing yo wait our turn if you sit down with Damon Weaver. You've done Meet the Press and 60 Minutes. Enough with the big wigs. Time to cut a cub reporter a break.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
One month after its launch, #Music seems poised to go the way of the dodo.
By pleading the Fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Kordell Stewart Denies Claims That He Locked Porsha Out Of Home
- Parent Locked Out Of Spelman Graduation Vows To Stop Support
- Michael Adebolajo Named As Suspect In London Terrorist Attack
- The Sad Truth: Why Kiera Wilmot’s Case Isn’t Over
- Cleveland Eateries Promise Charles Ramsey Free Burgers For Life