June 27, 2011
Journalist Jose Antonio Vargas' confession that he has been in the United States illegally since childhood prompted a prediction that Latinos -- the group most associated with illegal immigration -- could face increased scrutiny in newsrooms. Plus: Gannett says that it will minimize the impact of layoffs on minorities.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966