by Katti Gray onJanuary 30, 2013
The Angola 3 case may help change the arbitrary and sometimes abusive use of solitary confinement.
by Katti Gray onJanuary 29, 2013
Supporters of one of the Angola 3 tell The Root why he might be released this time.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJanuary 25, 2011
Decades after the allegations, Burge is heading to prison for lying about his conduct.
November 16, 2010
Americans are finally shunning the death penalty, and it means a lot for the black community.
by Lauren Williams onOctober 6, 2010
Judge shuts down prosecutor who he claims offers plea deals only to "white boys." Was he out of line?
June 2, 2010
The Buzz wants to be surprised by this, but...
May 6, 2010
DNA evidence clears Raymond Towler of rape charges 29 years after the fact.
June 4, 2009
Attorney general Eric Holder sits down with Cynthia Gordy of Essence to talk Gitmo, the justice system and what he's doing to make a difference...
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966