by Katti Gray onJanuary 30, 2013
The Angola 3 case may help change the arbitrary and sometimes abusive use of solitary confinement.
by Katti Gray onJanuary 29, 2013
Supporters of one of the Angola 3 tell The Root why he might be released this time.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJanuary 25, 2011
Decades after the allegations, Burge is heading to prison for lying about his conduct.
November 16, 2010
Americans are finally shunning the death penalty, and it means a lot for the black community.
by Lauren Williams onOctober 6, 2010
Judge shuts down prosecutor who he claims offers plea deals only to "white boys." Was he out of line?
June 2, 2010
The Buzz wants to be surprised by this, but...
May 6, 2010
DNA evidence clears Raymond Towler of rape charges 29 years after the fact.
June 4, 2009
Attorney general Eric Holder sits down with Cynthia Gordy of Essence to talk Gitmo, the justice system and what he's doing to make a difference...
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
That people share attacks on social media is unfortunate, but also helpful in the end.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]
- Nurse Arrested For DUI In School Parking Lot [VIDEO]
- Reports: Jennifer Hudson Returning To ‘American Idol’ As Judge
- Michael Parson: Man Sentenced To 35-Years For Shooting Wife Eight Times
- Eric Holder Signed Off On Search Warrant For James Rosen E-Mails: NBC News