July 5, 2011
A federal ruling to make new sentencing guidelines retroactive has been met with both caution and praise. Here's what's next.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJune 30, 2011
In today's link roundup: A decision today will reduce sentences for thousands of inmates. Plus: Images from the world's most failed states, and the top black celebrity chefs.
by James Rucker onMarch 26, 2010
Everyone agrees the difference in punishment for crack and cocaine makes no sense. So why settle for less than zero, asks the leader of Color of Change.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- James Helps Heat Stave Off Elimination In Game 6 [VIDEO]
- Serena Williams On Steubenville Rape: ‘Boys Did Something Stupid, But…Maybe She Wasn’t A Virgin’
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music