by Akoto Ofori-Atta onMay 8, 2012
As the storied theater battles for funding, see rare photos from everyone's favorite stage.
February 7, 2011
The historic enclave in the predominantly black St. Albans area of Queens, N.Y., was home to numerous black musical and sports greats starting in the 1940s, at a time when affluent African Americans had few housing options.
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music
- Face2FaceAfrica Honors Distinguished Africans At 2nd Annual F.A.C.E. List Awards
- No Trace Of North Carolina Family Man Missing Since 2010
- Tough Texas Mom Jacks Up Would-Be Carjacker