by Cynthia Gordy onMay 3, 2012
Richard Cordray puts lenders on notice for discrimination and deception as he starts his new agency.
by Michelle Singletary onJanuary 13, 2012
The new federal agency should protect consumers from the blows of bullying financial companies. And Michelle Singletary, writing in her Washington Post/Bloomberg column, expects the CFPB, with new Director Richard Cordray, to do just that.
January 6, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: The president has again taken matters into his own hands, but not without a fight from the GOP.
by Michelle Singletary onDecember 24, 2011
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is one of the few good changes to come to personal finance in 2011, writes Washington Post/Bloomberg columnist Michelle Singletary.
by Nsenga Burton onDecember 9, 2011
In response to Richard Cordray's nomination being blocked, President Obama says that consumers need protection.
December 8, 2011
Blogging the Beltway: The Senate blocks movement on an agency that officials say is especially important for blacks.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- James Helps Heat Stave Off Elimination In Game 6 [VIDEO]
- Serena Williams On Steubenville Rape: ‘Boys Did Something Stupid, But…Maybe She Wasn’t A Virgin’
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music