by Joel Dreyfuss onSeptember 19, 2010
The president, often accused of evading racial issues, warned his most loyal constituents that the opposition wants to "turn back the clock."
September 18, 2010
Washington insider Nicole Venable gives us her personal look at some of the fun from the receptions at the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation's annual conference.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onSeptember 16, 2010
Too often, the focus is on partying with people in suits rather than real political engagement. It's time to put the "conference" back in the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation's Annual Legislative Conference.
September 12, 2010
The Root asked veteran Washington insider Nicole Venable to help us compile a list of the movers and shakers at this week's conference. This is the result.
by Washington Post onSeptember 2, 2010
Despite clear rules that applicants cannot be related to or connected in any way to the CBC Foundation, the eight-term Dallas representative awarded $25,000 to members of her family and of a top aide's.
by E.R. Shipp onAugust 25, 2010
He's either sly as a fox or "brazen and arrogant." Never mind those ethics charges -- as the New York congressman campaigns for his 21st term in office, he seems determined to keep on doing the Harlem shuffle.
by G. Derek Musgrove onAugust 10, 2010
An anonymous member of the Congressional Black Caucus charged that black lawmakers are being targeted in ethics investigations. Some say the whistle-blower is playing the race card. But that nameless CBC member is right.
August 1, 2010
Which black member of Congress will fall next?
July 23, 2010
Here West is calling Obama "immature" after last month's General McChrystal flap; there he is chest thumping and demanding that Obama be "a man and a leader"; and here he is accusing the president of exploiting racial divisions for political gain.
June 29, 2010
CBC chairwoman Rep. Barbara Lee walks a tightrope in her statement on the passing of the ultimate insider.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours