by Hillary Crosley onJanuary 20, 2013
The former secretary of state will join the news organization as a contributor.
by David Swerdlick onNovember 17, 2012
The Root's contributing editor David Swerdlick makes the case at the Hill that the president should consider which nominee would be the more politically expedient pick to replace Hillary Clinton.
August 30, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: Ryan did no harm while addressing the GOP. But that wasn't enough.
August 30, 2012
Elongated Thoughts: The former secretary of state gave an inclusive speech at the Republican convention. Why can't all of their speakers do that?
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onAugust 29, 2012
The former secretary of state says that the United States' voice in world affairs "has been muted" under President Obama.
by Mary C. Curtis onAugust 26, 2012
The RNC's speakers are racially diverse, but don't expect the audience to reflect the lineup.
by Deron Snyder onAugust 20, 2012
Loose Ball: The former secretary of state breaks new ground at golf's all-male bastion in Georgia.
by David Swerdlick onJuly 18, 2012
The ex-secretary of state isn't a good choice for Mitt Romney's VP. Let's stop pretending that she would be.
July 17, 2012
Journal-isms: Cancer claims a black pioneer among mainstream pundits.
by Lynette Holloway onJuly 13, 2012
Despite a report that Romney is seriously considering her for the job, word is that the former secretary of state does not want the job.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]