by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onOctober 24, 2012
From Chevy Chase's on-set rant to Sharmeka Moffitt's case, the slur still manages to stir the pot.
by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onAugust 1, 2012
Veteran film and TV exec Michael Swanson discusses the documentary on the late NBA great and jazz musician.
October 20, 2009
Lawyers, activists, scientists, journalists, creatives—and more. These are 100 men and women who, with their actions, ideas and enthusiasms, are changing the world.
by Andre C. Willis onMay 18, 2009
The youth violence consuming Chicago is an opportunity for us to start talking about how we save poor communities.
by Lenny McAllister onMarch 3, 2009
Despite all the flack that Smiley has taken in the black community, it's hard to deny that he's doing important work. And for black intellectuals, this work must inspire the rest of us.
by Lenny McAllister onJanuary 21, 2009
Between Inauguration Day and the end of Black History Month, there is a 40-day opportunity for black renewal. Stop the violence. Stop the hating. Let’s celebrate change by making change.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead