by Lawrence D. Bobo onMarch 30, 2013
Straight Up: Calling out black-on-black crime diverts attention from taking on the powerful gun lobby.
by Edward Wyckoff Williams onJuly 28, 2012
Laws have been made to end drug trade and terrorism. So why don't mass shootings inspire change?
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJuly 20, 2012
President Obama: "We are committed to bringing whoever was responsible to justice, ensuring the safety of our people and caring for those who have been wounded." Plus: The suspect has been identified as 24-year-old James Holmes.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Will Eric Holder consult journalists of color during the Justice Department's review?
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Being The Change: Philadelphia Grandmother Earns Culinary Degree, Credits Obama With Motivation
- Parents Talk Leaving Chicago In Wake Of Mass School Closings
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]