by Lawrence D. Bobo onMarch 30, 2013
Straight Up: Calling out black-on-black crime diverts attention from taking on the powerful gun lobby.
by Edward Wyckoff Williams onJuly 28, 2012
Laws have been made to end drug trade and terrorism. So why don't mass shootings inspire change?
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJuly 20, 2012
President Obama: "We are committed to bringing whoever was responsible to justice, ensuring the safety of our people and caring for those who have been wounded." Plus: The suspect has been identified as 24-year-old James Holmes.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today