by Nsenga Burton onSeptember 2, 2011
Some question President Lee C. Bollinger's ability to retain diverse leaders.
June 27, 2011
Journalist Jose Antonio Vargas' confession that he has been in the United States illegally since childhood prompted a prediction that Latinos -- the group most associated with illegal immigration -- could face increased scrutiny in newsrooms. Plus: Gannett says that it will minimize the impact of layoffs on minorities.
December 30, 2009
Henry Louis Gates Jr. talks to the Columbia Provost about defanging the "stereotype threat," changing white colleagues' attitudes and "hypnotizing" black people. The interview is the second in a series conducted under the auspices of the Du Bois Review: Social Science on Race, a bi-annual journal housed at the W.E.B. Du Bois Institute for African and African-American Research at Harvard University.
June 9, 2009
Not exactly, but teens are using the traditionally-preppy sport as an inroad to college...
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The former baseball star posted the personal information of a woman he's charged with assaulting.
By pleading the Fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt