by Nsenga Burton onSeptember 2, 2011
Some question President Lee C. Bollinger's ability to retain diverse leaders.
June 27, 2011
Journalist Jose Antonio Vargas' confession that he has been in the United States illegally since childhood prompted a prediction that Latinos -- the group most associated with illegal immigration -- could face increased scrutiny in newsrooms. Plus: Gannett says that it will minimize the impact of layoffs on minorities.
December 30, 2009
Henry Louis Gates Jr. talks to the Columbia Provost about defanging the "stereotype threat," changing white colleagues' attitudes and "hypnotizing" black people. The interview is the second in a series conducted under the auspices of the Du Bois Review: Social Science on Race, a bi-annual journal housed at the W.E.B. Du Bois Institute for African and African-American Research at Harvard University.
June 9, 2009
Not exactly, but teens are using the traditionally-preppy sport as an inroad to college...
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]
- Nurse Arrested For DUI In School Parking Lot [VIDEO]
- Reports: Jennifer Hudson Returning To ‘American Idol’ As Judge