December 4, 2012
Rush Limbaugh's conservative claim undermines the benefits of the women's health group.
by Dom Apollon onAugust 17, 2011
In a news-analysis piece for ColorLines, political scientist Dom Apollon presents a recent poll by the Applied Research Center, which indicates that race may color your view of why some make it in America and others don't.
August 2, 2011
ColorLines' Kai Wright says that the Tea Party has brought actual "change" to politics.
by Joshua R. Weaver onMay 31, 2011
How a Tumblr page is exposing the world of Facebook racism.
February 11, 2011
Akiba Solomon says that researchers are one step closer to an HIV-prevention method that women can use -- strictly on their terms.
November 22, 2010
We're going to college, but are we getting schooled in the process?
November 4, 2010
If Obama wants his base back, he’ll need to fight for them with the same vigor that he pursues comity with bankers.
October 28, 2010
ColorLines' Rinku Sen: "If the election of 2008 was a referendum on race, the midterms are feeling like a recount."
by Lauren Williams onOctober 15, 2010
Most average Americans have seen their bank accounts suffer during the recession, but were single mothers of color hit the hardest?
October 8, 2010
In many ways, I think the argument about the word “illegal” stems from one of America’s major foibles: incorrect public assumptions about criminality.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966