August 4, 2009
CNN's Ed Hornick wants to know...
August 3, 2009
The Root recently partnered with Black Web 2.0 to discuss “Black in America 2” with a panel of young professionals and academics. We wanted to know what role race plays in the lives of young Americans and you were there to tell us! Take a look at what can happen when young Americans take the mic and speak their minds.
July 27, 2009
The former Olympian got into a shootout after two men attempted to steal his car...
by Sam Fulwood III onJuly 23, 2009
CNN's earnest effort to tell the story of black life in America gets upstaged by the reality of the news.
July 23, 2009
That's right, we'll be keeping you up on all of Soledad's shenanigans and more...
by David Swerdlick onJuly 21, 2009
Will multiracial maven Soledad O’Brien ever do a prime-time report on her own people?
July 21, 2009
The Root and Black Web 2.0 screen and host a panel discussion on CNN's 'Black in America 2.'
July 21, 2009
"Oh that's a bunch of bull 's'..."
July 19, 2009
During turbulent times, he was "the most trusted man in America..."
July 13, 2009
The Philadelphia swim club that initial had "complexion" concerns invites the youngsters back (in the hope they don't get sued)...
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Ga. Woman Allegedly Stabs Stepdad Multiple Times
- Homeless Teen Graduates At Top Of Her High School Class
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.