October 16, 2011
Blogging the Beltway: Unapologetically political, the ceremony didn't shy away from King's more radical legacy.
by Lynette Holloway onOctober 1, 2011
Just 2 percent of U.S. high school seniors in 2010 could fully answer a basic question about the historic Brown v. Board of Education case.
by Jeffrey O.G. Ogbar onAugust 26, 2011
In the twisted right-wing version of history, whites are bias victims. Meanwhile, the poor get stiffed.
by Denise Stewart onAugust 20, 2011
Amelia Boynton Robinson shares her thoughts on President Obama, the Tea Party and the secret to long life.
by Jack White onAugust 19, 2011
RightWatch: In the 1960s, Alabama Gov. George Wallace whipped up white opposition to civil rights advances. Is the Tea Party déjà vu all over again?
by Washington Post onAugust 18, 2011
Ethel Payne, a reporter at the Chicago Defender, began her Washington career as one of three accredited African Americans in the White House press corps.
by Joshua R. Weaver onJuly 7, 2011
A documentary that chronicles the stories of a barber-turned-civil rights leader during the 2008 presidential campaign.
by Washington Post onJune 6, 2011
Keith Plessy and Phoebe Ferguson decided to start a new civil rights education organization that would bear their famous names.
by Joshua R. Weaver onMay 26, 2011
A new book that examines the close relationship between race, gender and equality.
by Cynthia Gordy onMay 19, 2011
Fifty years after taking part in the Freedom Rides, Lewis issues a challenge for today's generation.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Blogging the Beltway: Allegations of nepotism could haunt Clinton on the presidential campaign trail.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- 9-Year-Old Girl Among Children Missing After Oklahoma Tornado
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today
- Teens Allegedly Post Taped Rape Of 12-Year-Old Girl On Facebook