by Hillary Crosley onDecember 25, 2012
Quentin Tarantino's brutal film may center on a superhero slave, but any deeper meaning is arguable.
by Henry Louis Gates Jr. onDecember 25, 2012
In the last of a Q&A series, the director rejects the idea that Django fits into that old Hollywood trope.
by Brett Johnson onDecember 21, 2012
The film's star says he channeled New Jack City's gangster Nino Brown in the slave-hero epic.
by Miki Turner onDecember 19, 2012
The racial slur is used liberally in Quentin Tarantino's film, but he's an equal-opportunity offender.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)
- Mike Goodson: NY Jets RB Arrested On Weapons, Drug Charges