by Nana Ekua Brew-Hammond onMarch 29, 2013
Nana Ekua Brew-Hammond, writing at Ebony, breaks down the relationship between more than 78 percent of African Americans and their religion.
by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onJanuary 29, 2013
Star Ivy Couch tells The Root that her reality show about pastors' wives has a message for everyone.
by Michael Arceneaux onOctober 15, 2012
Michael Arceneaux writes in Ebony that more Americans are stepping away from religion, and it's not hard to see why when some religious leaders are using their idea of God to oust Obama.
February 12, 2012
The event was a major distraction from the positive work being done by worshippers of all faiths.
by Cord Jefferson onAugust 19, 2010
Does a Christian undertone to the Iraq War transform discussion about Islam in America?
by Cord Jefferson onJune 10, 2009
From Alysa Stanton to, um, Charles Taylor, Judaism is winning ever more black converts. Maybe Sammy Davis Jr. had it right.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
As the ousted chief becomes the face of the flap, keep these facts in mind.
Six citizens were sentenced to one year for their "insulting" tweets.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Kiera Wilmot: NASA Engineer Awards Fla. Teen Scholarship To Space Academy
- Mourners Gather In Oakland To Remember Malcolm Shabazz
- 13 People Shot In Detroit Within 24-Hour Period
- 20 To 25 Injured As Conn. Commuter Trains Collide
- Murder Suspect, 20, Allegedly Admits To Killing Teen Because She Refused Abortion