by Hillary Crosley onJanuary 27, 2013
The civil rights group tells us that beverage donors have nothing to do with its opposition to NYC's law.
by Cynthia Gordy onMay 1, 2012
From menu changes to bike-friendly cities, The Root measures the outcomes of Michelle Obama's campaign.
by Lynette Holloway onApril 19, 2012
Rising childhood-obesity rates spur officials to restore physical education.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJanuary 13, 2012
The somber PSAs featuring mostly black kids are intentionally not sugarcoated.
by Claudio E. Cabrera onJanuary 3, 2012
An ad campaign in Georgia has many critics shaking their heads.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onNovember 16, 2011
A win for frozen-pizza makers; a loss for kids.
by Nsenga Burton onJuly 14, 2011
They believe in some cases that it is in the best interest of the child.
December 17, 2010
What about personal responsibility? What about self control?
December 16, 2010
So, how much weight can these teens lose in, say, three months? The bar is set at 100 pounds.
September 24, 2010
Black girls ... dressed in blouses so tight every roll of fat appears shrink-wrapped in cotton-poly.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead