by Celeste Little onNovember 29, 2012
T.J. Holmes' BET talk show still hits hard. Plus, Wanda Sykes and Wiz Khalifa made late-night fun.
by Michael Skolnik onOctober 12, 2012
The personal story of Global Grind's Michael Skolnik anchors a heartfelt call to action to put an end to gun violence.
by Hillary Crosley onSeptember 9, 2012
In his memoir, A Father First, the NBA star says a tough childhood didn't limit his reach.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJuly 27, 2012
"Some of those kids ain't gonna make it out of there. You feel so helpless," he said in an emotional MTV interview.
by Jeff Johnson onJuly 17, 2012
BlackAmericaWeb's Jeff Johnson writes that retweeting the city's murder numbers isn't enough -- we must get angry and active and address the issues fueling the tragic loss of life.
by Timmhotep Aku onJuly 5, 2012
The kid rapper's city is plagued by youth violence. Why would a music site film him at a gun range?
by Lynette Holloway onJuly 5, 2012
A girl named Heaven is one of the latest victims of the city's gang violence. When will it stop?
by Nsenga Burton onMay 30, 2011
Under Illinois state law, police can charge someone with murder when an accomplice is killed during the commission of a crime.
by Sylvester Monroe onAugust 2, 2010
I now know the terror of gun violence firsthand. A carload of teens fired four shots at me and drove away, laughing. Fortunately, they missed.
June 23, 2010
After this past weekend, why is Chicago's Mayor Daley still having to defend the handgun ban?
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’
- Body Of Portland Woman Missing In Hawaii Found On Beach
- Check Out Barack ‘Barry’ Obama’s Prom Pics!