by Ivory A. Toldson, Ph.D. onOctober 22, 2012
Show Me the Numbers: Do black kids have problems in schools because so few teachers look like them?
by Julia Chance onOctober 6, 2012
The star and Won't Back Down director say the film shows education answers, not right-wing agenda.
by Monroe Anderson onSeptember 20, 2012
As Mayor Rahm Emanuel and teachers stand down, the future of public education is still up for grabs.
September 15, 2012
After a weeklong strike, educators may be on track to return to school by Monday.
September 14, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: His labor support may be a boon, but strikes like Chicago's could turn voters.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onSeptember 13, 2012
If an agreement is reached, the strike will end and kids could be back in school on Monday.
September 10, 2012
After negotiations with the school board ended Sunday night, the union began its walkout on what was to be the first day of school.
September 9, 2012
Almost 400,000 students will be affected if the walkout begins at midnight on Sunday.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- James Helps Heat Stave Off Elimination In Game 6 [VIDEO]
- Serena Williams On Steubenville Rape: ‘Boys Did Something Stupid, But…Maybe She Wasn’t A Virgin’
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music