by Justin Peters onJune 14, 2013
Slate magazine's Justin Peters says that when the police-overtime money runs out -- and, well, when it gets warmer -- the Windy City's homicide rate will revert to normal.
by Natalie Y. Moore onMarch 15, 2013
As the death toll mounts, a journalist struggles with telling stories of children under siege.
by Hillary Crosley onDecember 28, 2012
The bloody trend continues in the Windy City.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music
- Face2FaceAfrica Honors Distinguished Africans At 2nd Annual F.A.C.E. List Awards
- No Trace Of North Carolina Family Man Missing Since 2010