by Monroe Anderson onJanuary 19, 2013
Prompted by mass shootings, Obama's reforms could take on new meaning for cities beset by violence.
by Hillary Crosley onSeptember 30, 2012
A Windy City reporter interviews gang members about the city's crime stats.
by Hillary Crosley onSeptember 9, 2012
Almost 400,000 students will be affected if the walkout begins at midnight on Sunday.
by D.L. Chandler onSeptember 9, 2012
Hip Hop Wired contributor D.L. Chandler wonders if gang affiliation is a suitable path toward fame in the wake of Chicago MC Chief Keef's questionable tweets following a rival rapper's murder.
by Mary Mitchell onJuly 7, 2012
While holding gangbangers responsible for violence, the Chicago Sun-Times' Mary Mitchell places the blame squarely on the shoulders of parents when young lives are cut short.
by Timmhotep Aku onJuly 5, 2012
The kid rapper's city is plagued by youth violence. Why would a music site film him at a gun range?
by Lynette Holloway onJuly 5, 2012
A girl named Heaven is one of the latest victims of the city's gang violence. When will it stop?
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A trending topic turns into an informative consciousness-raising session.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Reports: Jennifer Hudson Returning To ‘American Idol’ As Judge
- Michael Parson: Man Sentenced To 35-Years For Shooting Wife Eight Times
- Eric Holder Signed Off On Search Warrant For James Rosen E-Mails: NBC News
- Katherine Jackson Leaves Court In Tears During M.J. Civil Trial
- Detroit Freak Judge’s Ex-Lover Makes Fool Of Herself During TV Interview