by The Buzz onJanuary 5, 2011
New calculations say that poverty in America could be as few as 39 million or as many as 53 million people.
September 16, 2010
Hot on the heels of just-released statistics about America's staggering poverty problem, President Obama released a tepid statement attempting to hype health-care reform and his infrastructure plan.
by Bobbi Bowman onFebruary 16, 2010
A financial portrait of black America in anticipation of the 2010 U.S. Census.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today