by John McWhorter onJanuary 10, 2011
It's not the kids -- who hear the n-word all the time -- but the adults who are uncomfortable with it.
by Trey Ellis onJanuary 7, 2011
Should the n-word have been removed from Mark Twain's classic? Maybe not, but there is a time and place for cleaned-up versions of literary classics, says novelist Trey Ellis.
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music
- Face2FaceAfrica Honors Distinguished Africans At 2nd Annual F.A.C.E. List Awards
- No Trace Of North Carolina Family Man Missing Since 2010