by Marc Lamont Hill onJune 12, 2012
Marc Lamont Hill writes in a piece for Ebony that this case is just another example of how the justice system fails our transgender brothers and sisters.
by Kellee Terrell onMay 15, 2012
A black transgender woman faces prison for killing her attacker. Her supporters call that a crime.
by Kenyon Farrow onMay 5, 2012
Kenyon Farrow argues in a piece for ColorLines that, the issue of innocence aside, the LGBT community must not abandon CeCe McDonald.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.