by Kimberley McLeod onSeptember 1, 2012
Your Take: LGBT-rights advocates urge the DOJ to investigate the killings of black transgender women.
by Marc Lamont Hill onJune 12, 2012
Marc Lamont Hill writes in a piece for Ebony that this case is just another example of how the justice system fails our transgender brothers and sisters.
by Kellee Terrell onMay 15, 2012
A black transgender woman faces prison for killing her attacker. Her supporters call that a crime.
by Kenyon Farrow onMay 5, 2012
Kenyon Farrow argues in a piece for ColorLines that, the issue of innocence aside, the LGBT community must not abandon CeCe McDonald.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’