September 21, 2011
Elsie Scott says it's time for the old school to embrace the 21st century.
by Cynthia Gordy onSeptember 21, 2011
A new young staff, helmed by Rep. Emanuel Cleaver II, hopes to give the CBC fresh relevance.
September 21, 2011
Congressional Black Caucus Week (Sept. 21-24) is here! Check out The Root's guide to events around D.C. -- ranging from town halls and networking receptions to invitation-only parties.
by Nicole Venable onSeptember 16, 2011
All eyes turn to the city during its Congressional Black Caucus week. Here are some VIPs to know.
September 10, 2011
With a new belief in President Obama's concern about blacks, the California congresswoman and other black lawmakers support his plan.
August 10, 2011
We suggested these lawmakers. Who did Pelosi pick?
by Washington Post onAugust 9, 2011
There's certainly tension as the Congressional Black Caucus embarks on a monthlong campaign to address the high rate of black joblessness.
by Nsenga Burton onMay 25, 2011
All but five Senate Republicans vote to change Medicare as we know it.
May 2, 2011
Nicole Venable is The Root's connection to the social and political scene inside the Beltway, offering commentary and exclusive photos from Washington's key events.
by Erin E. Evans onApril 2, 2011
Know anyone looking for free money to go to school? Pass these on.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]