by Jenée Desmond-Harris onSeptember 21, 2012
In today's link roundup: The younger Knowles is still resisting being a natural-hair spokeswoman. Plus: Romney releases 2011 tax returns.
by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onAugust 24, 2012
As the cosmetic line's new spokesmodel, this Ugandan beauty talks about the upside of being bald.
by Frank McCoy onSeptember 2, 2011
The Bottom Line: Several make the Inc. list of surging companies, Inner City on the ropes and more business news.
June 6, 2011
In a first-of-its-kind conference, Obama administration officials say that increased support for urban entrepreneurs is a solid solution for job growth.
October 7, 2009
Finally, little girls of African descent will have a Disney princess who looks more like them, with her very own hair products and happily ever after.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)
- Mike Goodson: NY Jets RB Arrested On Weapons, Drug Charges