by Jenée Desmond-Harris onSeptember 21, 2012
In today's link roundup: The younger Knowles is still resisting being a natural-hair spokeswoman. Plus: Romney releases 2011 tax returns.
by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onAugust 24, 2012
As the cosmetic line's new spokesmodel, this Ugandan beauty talks about the upside of being bald.
by Frank McCoy onSeptember 2, 2011
The Bottom Line: Several make the Inc. list of surging companies, Inner City on the ropes and more business news.
June 6, 2011
In a first-of-its-kind conference, Obama administration officials say that increased support for urban entrepreneurs is a solid solution for job growth.
October 7, 2009
Finally, little girls of African descent will have a Disney princess who looks more like them, with her very own hair products and happily ever after.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966