October 1, 2011
These contemporary African ethnic groups have contributed most to the black population of the U.S.
by Hollis Robbins onJune 21, 2010
Some incidents get more attention than others because of race or location. Nigeria's 50-year environmental disaster belatedly gets noticed.
June 15, 2010
Slavery hasn’t taken the World Cup from me; indeed, I still get to revel in the bulk of the happiness the tournament provides. But what I don’t get to do is celebrate it the way many of my friends celebrate it.
August 3, 2009
The virus strain appears to come from gorillas but researchers said the woman has likely been infected by another human...
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]