November 9, 2012
From voter-ID backlash to Hurricane Sandy, here's what made the difference on Nov. 6.
by Lawrence D. Bobo onNovember 7, 2012
Here's why the president's re-election is more important than his win in 2008.
September 25, 2012
Browner America: Rep. Keith Ellison says the new focus will be on who is "structurally left behind."
by Monroe Anderson onAugust 10, 2012
America's browning drives a backlash that found its most virulent strain in Wade Michael Page.
June 8, 2012
Browner America: Marcia Alesan Dawkins says an increase in nonwhite births doesn't mean more social justice.
June 1, 2012
Browner America: Sandra E. Timmons hopes that population trends will spur us to invest in kids of color.
by Steven Gray onMarch 15, 2012
It's easy to forget, given the way the GOP and the media have ignored African Americans down South.
May 25, 2011
This high-tech picture speaks a thousand words about the country's changing demographics.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead