by Stacy-Ann Ellis onOctober 26, 2012
The Root Recommends: Globo TV's newest TV show, Subúrbia, premiering Nov. 1.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onSeptember 6, 2012
An international relations expert explains why the country will be watching our election closely.
March 21, 2011
On the first stop of his Latin America trip, President Obama emphasized shared ties to Africa between the U.S. and Brazil -- and called for cooperation to help lift up the continent.
by Nsenga Burton onJanuary 13, 2011
Thousands are cut off from power and telephone contact.
by Nsenga Burton onNovember 1, 2010
Dilma Rousseff has won Brazil's presidential runoff and is making history in the process.
July 8, 2010
Bruno de Souza, the captain of Flamengo, Brazil's most popular soccer team, has turned himself in for the alleged murder of his ex-girlfriend.
June 22, 2010
Floods wash away 40,000 homes. Hundreds missing, dozens are dead.
June 12, 2010
America earned some respect, and a precious point in its first World Cup meeting with England in 60 years.
by Henry Louis Gates Jr. onFebruary 14, 2010
Our intrepid editor-in-chief, Henry Louis Gates Jr., investigates the African roots of Brazil’s Carnival.
by Joel Dreyfuss onDecember 20, 2009
Americans like to keep score, but the final result in Copenhagen depends on which media you read.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours