January 31, 2011
When President Obama said "We do big things," he didn't have to convince these 25 budding innovators, ages 16 to 21. They are the young people to watch if you want to know where America is heading.
by Cynthia Gordy onJanuary 28, 2011
Brandon Ford is building electric cars and fielding invitations to the White House, all while finishing the 11th grade. When you read what he has to say, you'll know why he made The Root's 2011 list of Young Futurists.
January 28, 2011
All month, The Root will introduce you to innovators in various fields, ages 16 to 21.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)
- Mike Goodson: NY Jets RB Arrested On Weapons, Drug Charges
- Glenn Beck: Tea Party Would Have Been Lynched For Marching With MLK